Friday, March 31, 2006

Bad Beat of the Day

I've recently take up online poker. I've managed not to lose too much money in the last few weeks even though I have spent a considerable amount of time playing. Mostly I play Sit 'n' Gos with a $5+.50 buy-in along with a few larger $10+1 tournaments.

Everybody needs an outlet for their bad beat stories. Unfortunately nobody likes to hear them. That's why I've decided to post them here, where no one will ever read them. And I've got a couple of doozies to start you off with....

I'm in a 500 person tournament. I've managed to capitalize on a couple of early good hands and I have spend the majority of the tournament in the top 10 in chips. I have made a few ill-timed raises in an attempt to seal some blinds and one extremely bad call, but somehow my chip-stack keeps on growing. I was rubbing my hands together in anticipation of a final table showing and potentially a huge pay-out. We were down to 27 player when my bad beat occured. At this time I had $60,000 in chips and the blinds were somewhere around $1k-$2k. I was feeling pretty comfortable. And I was dealt cowboys--two Kings. The person sitting to my right raised to around $10k. This was a very big pre-flop raise at the time. I re-raised to $30k. Of course everyone folded around to my opponent. He decided to push all-in with slightly more chips than I had. I didn't have to think about this call. This would be a great opportunity to win some chips-I would be chip leader by far if I won. He turns over Ac 2c. I almost couldn't believe it. How could someone go that crazy with that hand. Before I could even think "No Ace" the flop came and with it an Ace. I didn't catch a King and my tournament was over with a lowly payout.

I hope you enjoyed my Bad Beat of the Day. I will have another story soon I'm sure.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home