Friday, March 25, 2005

The Office

I happened the catch the last half hour of "The Office" last night. I though it was pretty good because I love Steve Carrell's comedy, but I don't think it will be a big hit or anything. I don't think they could possibly hype it more. It's sad that a refreshing and quirky show on American television is a remake of a several year old UK comedy. Maybe I'll go pick up the DVD.

Update: Kevin Drum said he heard The Office (the original) was similar in tone to Office Space, the classic occupational parody by Mike Judge. I have to say, the only thing similar about the American version of The Office and Office Space is the title. Office Space is parody of our lives, dated only by the mention of Y2K. Everything in that movie, from Peter Gibbon's apartment walls to the office copier/fax machine seemed perfect, and made me chuckle. By comparison The Office is just silly.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home