Wednesday, November 09, 2005

Oh Really Mr. O'Reilly?

Boy, I can't agree with Bill on anything. Apparently (I haven't actually watched the show, I've heard and read) that he is after oil companies now for making a profit because of high energy demand.

This is the type of Republican I really hate. They are fanatic about social issues and then it turns out they aren't even conservative when it comes to free markets. If they keep this up people are going to start to realize that the party that truly wants the Federal Government out of our private lives is the Democratic Party and all of the differences on economics issues are trite in comparision.

And if you want something truly aggrovating just read this part of the conversation:

So Mr. Flynn, I mean, I've got stats, man.

PHIL FLYNN, VP, ALLERON TRADING CORPORATION: You sure do.

O'REILLY: I've got them.

FLYNN: Double profits at a time when oil demand is at an all-time high.

O'REILLY: At a time when the country's suffering.

FLYNN: And, guess what? What you didn't show with these numbers, Bill, how much dollars invested did it take to get those profits?

O'REILLY: Stop. Stop.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home