Monday, May 15, 2006

Reasoned and Respectful Tone

Bush's speech tonight was masterful because he did not incite fear or attack anyone's patriotism.  As an economist and a liberal I am not in favor of sending the United States military to the border to set up walls, roads, sensors, cameras, and drone planes.  But Bush proposed this and several other points in a thoughtful and respectful manner.  He didn't piss me off which is a major accomplishment. 
This is what a President should be.  I predict this will help his approval rating.
The early headlines focus on policy:
I think they should do a little better at pointing out the real story here.  This was a President addressing the nation in a civil manner and calling for a "reasoned and respectful tone".  I for one am a fan of this speech.
 
Powered By Qumana

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home