Monday, June 20, 2005

This just in...

The Internet has changed the way most young people consume news I believe. Those that do consume news that is. I'm sure there are still people who exclusively read the morning paper and watch the evening news. I'm definately not one of them. Over the past several years the proportion of news I read that comes from blogs and other small websites has increased dramatically.

The beautiful thing about this is I can tailor my news intake to my taste. I don't have to see the world through Dan Rather or Brit Hume's eyes each night. However, I feel a little out of touch when people at work start talking about all of the details of Terry Schiavo, Michael Jackson, the abduction of some girl in Aruba, or whatever the national tradjedy of the moment is. The paradox of the Internet is that people now have access to more forms of news and a greater amount of information, but will probably become more specialized in what information they choose to gather.

1 Comments:

Blogger Chris said...

I like reading the snippets on CNN Headline news.

12:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home